Does Your Business Need Cash?
Every business needs cash to expand and grow. Do you have enough cash to meet your goals? Debt markets such as bank lending can be a viable resource, if you have a stellar credit rating. Crowd lending web sites offer an alternative source for debt funding.
Have you ever considered selling ownership in your business? Equity funding in the past was only available for large corporations. The Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) through the Securities Act of 1933 regulates the issue of equity i.e. stock as a funding source.
Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act
In January 2012 “Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act” passed the House and Senate and on April 27, 2012 as part of the Jobs Bill the President signed it into law authorizing the SEC to implement. Title III Crowdfunding amends the Securities Act of 1933 and is the game changer for small business funding. It clarified adding “funding portal” for amounts up to $1 million and further clarifies “qualified and unqualified investors and the amounts they can invest.
Crowdfunding means small business have a seat at the equity funding table. Crowdfunding enables your company to advertise using a “funding portal” to unlimited pool of investors. The act requires adequate “disclosures related to risks and investor “education materials” i.e. written prospectus including a business plan.
A business plan is a written road map showing where you want to take your business. It communicates your goals in a way that others understand your vision. They then can decide to agree with your vision and join or pass on the opportunity.
If your business plan is written by a professional, a neutral third party with no skin in the game, then it becomes a creditable investment decision tool. If you were presented with an investment opportunity would you feel better reading a business plan written by the owner or a neutral professional? If you feel that a professionally written plan is the best tool, than you need to be talking with Weatherholt & Associates, LLC.
“David Weatherholt put together the best business plan I’ve seen in all the years I’ve been reviewing business plans. I recommend David because of his thorough approach that covers all aspects of funding and running a business. He has the experience and knowledge clients need, gained from both the business world and being a business college instructor. He’s there to teach, guide and be a knowledgeable advisor through the entire process. He will understand your great idea and help you turn that idea into a business.”
Choose your business plan level:
- Debt Financing Plan – Starting at $3,000
- Equity Plan – Starting at $4,500
- Debt & Equity Packaging – Starting at $950
Contact Weatherholt & Associates, LLC to learn what we can do for your business.
- Business Plan Outline – Debt (PDF)
- Business Plan Outline – Equity (PDF)
- Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act
- Balance Sheet Formula(PDF)
- Business Plan Development Goals(PDF)
- Ratio Analysis Descriptions (PDF)
- Checklist for Startup Businesses (PDF)
- Peerless Competitor Pyramid (Jpg)
- The 10 Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership (PDF)
- Monthly Cash Flow Status and Cash Flow Statement (Microsoft Excel, with formulas)
- Monthly Cash Flow Status (PDF)
- Projected Cash Flow Statement (PDF)
- Free Sample Business Plan: Alaska Professional Sports
- Successful Business Planning
- SunBurst Coffee: Sample Company from “Getting Down to Business”